June 29, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday!

My friend Heather does something called "Muffin Tin Monday." The idea is simple; you serve lunch in a muffin tin... on Monday. You fill each muffin cup with a different food. It's just something fun for the kiddos to look forward to. I think it's also a great way to introduce new and different foods to the little ones since it's like a game to the kids. Plus each serving is small and manageable since it's no bigger then the muffin cup. I have been wanting to try it but just hadn't yet. Today was our day!


Here's our tin! It's got carrots, broccoli & cauliflower, ranch dip, plumb pieces, cheese (a mini cheese wheel and sliced string cheese), and frozen blueberries. The plumb was per her request, an idea she got from the Hungry Caterpillar. She'd never had plumb before.


Here's Brynna ready to dive into the tin!


Here's her finished product. A smashing success, I'd say! She didn't exactly say, but I'm pretty sure she ate in order of what she likes best: cheese, blueberries, carrots, broccoli & cauliflower, and the plumbs last. Being new, the plumbs were suspicious, but she ate almost all the pieces including the peel!


My friend Heather gets inspiration at Her Cup Overfloweth. I'd like to say we're going to do this every Monday, but that seems pretty ambitious for me. I will say it was a lot easier than I thought, and I'm going to at least try to make it a fairly regular Monday event at our house. Some moms get pretty creative with themes and such. For now, I'm just excited that she liked it!

7 comments:

B-ri said...

What a fun idea!

cheryl said...

So fun! I've seen and we've tried several different fun and creative things with muffin tins, including sorting projects and such, but never this.
Thanks for sharing the great idea. We'll have to give it a go some time. ;o)
Yay Brenna for eating so many yummy foods too! Wish I could get that stuff in my kids...maybe the muffin tin is what we've needed all along. ;o)

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

I'm so glad you decided to give it a try! Those plum pieces look yummy! Yay for the hungry catepillar! Looks like one happy kidlet too!

Jen said...

cauliflower for the white food! What a great idea! Love it!

Bran said...

Welcome to MTM!

Steven & Jessie said...

Love it! Maybe it will get Camden to eat more, or try more things. Thanks for the great tip Aunty D :)

Carters said...

Loved the blog link to Her Cup Overfloweth. There was a post on there for Sound Bingo - and stuff that I can print out and download on my own to make the game. Perfect!