June 3, 2009

Day Three

Today was much like yesterday, only backwards. We spent the morning at Marti and Rob's, and played the afternoon away at the park. I have to say things are still going well and smoothly, but I am pretty worn out. It doesn't help that Daryl and I had a little bed buddy last night. Brynna is pretty afraid of thunderstorms, and we had a small one roll through late last night. She came and climbed in bed about 2:30am. I got very little sleep after that, but I got lots of sweet snuggles from my little girl.

So we had more fun today, but I was dragging.
Here are a few pics.

Gwyneth joined us at the park this time. She also brought dinner for Daryl and me. Yum! Thank you!



Some swing time for sister and brother.



Here are Brynna and Adeline playing in the water.

Not sure what she's doing here...

When we got home, the girls had Popsicles all around.

Here they are having a very intense conversation about what flavor is everybody's favorite.

And of course we wouldn't leave Aravis out!

Granna and Pop took the girls out for dinner at Red Robin. Fun was had by all, and I got a few extra minutes of peace after the boys went down and before the girls got back. Daryl and I sat in a quiet house and ate our fabulous meal from Gwyneth.

For the last three days Suzy has been saying that she was going to try ketchup at Red Robin. I don't know where the idea came from, but she mentioned it several times. Suzy is a bit of a picky eater (people who know her are laughing at that understatement), so I tried to encourage her. I told her about how good the RR fries are and how they go great with ketchup. I asked Granna about it when they got home. Apparently she lost her nerve, because she said that she might try in tomorrow instead. Ah well. She did eat four bits of my chicken spaghetti her first night with us.

No comments: