Our last day! As I type this, my house is quiet and has only two sleeping children. The mini van has been returned, and my days as a mother of four have come to an end (for now).
The girls spent the morning coloring a welcome home banner for Marti and Rob. This afternoon they pasted pictures from our adventures on it. I didn't get a picture of the finished product, but here are the girls working on it.
After the boys' naps this morning, we loaded into the van and headed over to the Cedar Park library to check out their book fair. Guess who was there to greet us?! CLIFFORD!
Suzy was very excited to see Clifford and ran right over to give him a big hug. Brynna was a little more timid, but touched his nose later while I held her.
Here are the boys getting ready for their last bath together, this time in Andy's tub.
After lunch and naps, we packed up all Suzy and Andy's stuff and drove over to their house. Kaitlyn and Grammy Smith were there to help with dinner and baths. The kids got in a little more playtime before Daryl swung (swang? swinged? Mom?) by after work and picked up all of us Tripps.
The house feels a little empty.... but it looks like a tornado just came through it. I'll think about that tomorrow (or the next day).



2 comments:
You're such a trooper! Maybe you will inspire some other parents to do the same kind of swap, now that they know it's possible for the kids to survive! ;o)
Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.
You know...If you really had four kids I could probably get you your own TV show!
Post a Comment