June 2, 2009

Day One

Daryl and I are taking care of some dear friends' children. Marti and Rob are taking a much needed vacation to England. They left yesterday and will be gone for eight days. Their daughter, Suzy, is about a month older than Brynna, and their baby Andy is two weeks older than Lane. So for the next eight days we have four kids! We've got lots of help, though. Our small group is helping, Marti & Rob's high school neighbor is helping, and Granna and Pop are helping. So far everything has gone pretty smoothly... busy, but smooth.

Here are a few pictures from our first day.

Gwyneth came over Monday morning with her two girls. Here are three of the girls waking Lane up from his morning nap.

Aravis loves the babies! Good thing, she'll be a big sister soon.

Andy hanging out.

The girls having fruit snacks, a rare treat at our house.

Some fun sprinkler play. Don't tell the city of Austin, our watering days are Wednesday and Saturday.

Andy watching the sprinkler fun.

We filled up the baby pool too.

Lane watching and enjoying all the activity.


Andy seemed like he wanted in on the fun too, so I put him in his swim trunks. He seemed to enjoy it.

"You play with my brother, and I'll play with your brother!"

Hey buddy!

Boys in the bath!

Granna and the boys.

Marti bought the girls matching piggy jammies. Here they are clean and ready for bed.

A perfect end to the day.

So there you have it, the beginning of our adventure in pictures. We made it with no major melt downs by anyone, though I think I came pretty close a couple of times.

2 comments:

The Wilcoxson's said...

great job. You look like you did fine. We are praying for you this week.

cheryl said...

I'm still impressed that you managed to have EVERYONE sleeping at the same time!
From the pics it looks like a super fun day was had by all!
Hoping and praying that the whole time is smooth sailing and lots of fun. :o)