Here's the recipe:
Combine:
1 1/2 cup very hot water with 2 cups Elmer's glue and food coloring (optional)
Combine:
2 tsp Borax and 1/2 cup very hot water THEN pour into glue mixture.
Mix and squish with your hands (or your kid's hand) until it's one big slimy blob.
Pouring the glue.
The big slimy blob!
She played with her gak all morning and much of the afternoon.
I think this was one of our most successful and fun crafts yet! Just a couple of notes. I wasn't sure what "very hot" meant for the water. I just ran the water from the tap as hot as I could get it, and that seemed to work fine. We do have really hot water, though. Also, I was worried about what this concoction would do to my bowl and utensils. They all came clean with no problems.



4 comments:
Do you happen to follow that blog, or is someone in your family gluten intolerant? Just curious because of my own wheat issues.
Looks like the gak was a hit! I see science experiments in your future. Just wait as long as possible to expose her to matches and hairspray...I was only nine when my fire experiments began. :)
I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
I just use extra hot tap water too...I think it's just to keep you from using boiling water. At least that's my guess.
For Sadie: I am extremely gluten intolerant. That's what my blog is about! Stop by and check it out if you'd like! :)
so fun! did you save it in a baggie? i used to make this all the time when i was teaching, but i need to do it with my girls. thanks for the reminder. :o)
Isn't there a movie called Borax...Starring Sasha Baron Cohen?
Post a Comment