April 23, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

This weekend we put Brynna's big girl bed together! It's been waiting in boxes in the garage for a month, and we've been talking to her about it for longer than that. I think she had decided the whole big girl bed thing was imaginary.



Here's Brynna helping Daddy pick out the right screws.



Here's the semi-finished bed, waiting for a little girl to come sleep in it. I say semi-finished, because we didn't have time to put the headboard together then. I'll post pictures of that later.



Here's Regular Piggy and Fluffy Piggy waiting for their little girl to come to bed.


The first bedtime story in the new bed!


We've been thrilled with how well she transitioned. There have been no requests to go back in the crib at all. Last night at dinner I told her it was almost time for bed. She got really excited, sucked in a big breath and said, "I go to sleep in my big girl bed?!" She's spent three nights and two naps in it so far with no complaints. Well, actually she did fall out of it on the second night, but after Daryl and I had sufficiently comforted her, she dismissed us and went back to sleep. She still waits for us to come in and get her once she's awake... wonder how long that will last!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sadie J said...

She is so precious! Yay for the big girl bed!

B-ri said...

Josh still calls for us to come get him once he is awake too. He's been doing that for 9 months!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little big girl! Y'all, Grace STILL waits for us to come get her out of her big girl bed, which she's been in for almost a year.