April 18, 2008

Baby Update

Many of you already know (mostly because my brother thought he should announce it himself) that we found a couple of weeks ago that New Baby Tripp is a boy. That means Brynna will have a little brother, and Camden will have a boy cousin!

At the ultrasound he measured about 4 days ahead of schedule. Brynna measured a full week ahead at the same point in pregnancy. So Daryl and I have big babies!

Part of the reason our babies are so big is my gestational diabetes. Because of my history with Brynna and some other issues I was having at the time, the doctor had me tested 8 weeks early this time. The blood work came back positive. Last time at 28 weeks I just barely qualified with a couple points higher than the average. This time at 20 weeks I shot off the charts with 55 points higher than the average. Because GD gets worse the further along you get in your pregnancy, I'm worried that I'll have to be giving myself insulin shots by the end. Not a fan of the needles. :( Oh AND, they've got me going to a different diabetes doctor this time, and she doesn't do ultrasounds. With Brynna we got ultrasounds at every appointment. That was the only fun thing about having the 'betes. Well, that and being able to lose my baby weight relatively quickly.

Other than the diabetes, everything else is going just the way it should. All of Baby Tripp's organs and limbs are accounted for. His heartbeat is strong, and there are no signs of any problems. Praise God!

Now, as for a name, we haven't picked one yet. You'd think knowing he's a boy would make things easier. Apparently not. (My brother has a name picked for us, though. That's nice of him.) I knew with Brynna that I loved Brenna (for a girl). Daryl made the e/y switch, and I knew that was it. For this baby, neither of us has any real strong picks. We've got a short list going, but neither of us is very attached to any of them yet. Our boy name from last time is still in the running, but even back then, I felt 100 times more sure about the name Brynna. If you guys have any suggestions, we'll happily consider them. Maybe we should make it a contest... just kidding, Brett. Whatever the name is, it won't start with D or B. It probably won't start with X either. Once we settle on a name, we're not going to reveal it until he's born. Feel free to guess and make up your own, though. That's kind of like shaking the presents under the tree, don't you think? That's always my favorite part of gift giving, the anticipation.

In other baby news, he's kicking and moving a lot now. Brynna even got to feel him move the other day. I held her hand firmly against my tummy and he gave her a little kick. I don't know if she really understood, but she jumped a little, looked at me with a happy surprised look and said, "Oh!" I've been working on our computer room some, trying to make room for him. He'll have to share his room with the desk and a big bookshelf until we move. Daryl says that's just how it is for the 2nd born... you get whatever's leftover. Sorry Little Boy.

Below are his ultrasounds. The first two are from about 7 or 8 weeks. The three below that are from 20 weeks. We're at about 22 weeks now (out of 40).










Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

gwyneth said...

Ok, but seeing as we only have a 2 point sample with little Brynna Noel, we need more information on style preferences

Biblical and traditional? I suggest Gideon (chris has point blank told me I can't use it)

weird, but with solid historical and literary cred? I like Marius

Surnames as first names? I'm not big on this style, but maybe something like Edison or Stanton?

old fashioned, but you don't know any old people named that? I like dominic, but its a d name. Sebastian?

we need more taste info.

cheryl said...

I knew it, I knew it! :o)
Congrats guys!

Sadie J said...

Yay, a boy!!!!

I like Andrew Nicholas Tripp. That way there will be a Christmas connection with Noel.

You guys can steal our name, but we will probably still use it...any variation of the first name Charles, starting with Charles Louis. We will hopefully someday be calling our baby boy Charlie.

Charles Louis Jones IV
Charles Ryan
Charles Christopher
(Some of my favorites)

I also have some favorite boy names that we don't think we want with Jones. Feel free to steal any of them.

Isaac (my favorite), Nathan (Nate), and Michael.

Cheng family said...

his profile is so amazing on the ultrasound!
here are some suggestions: Cooper, Jackson, Harrison, Oliver, Oscar, Mason, Ethan, Owen, Blake, Drew
can't wait to see what you choose!

Rocky and Sunee said...

it's a boy-- no big surprise. Thanks for sharing. i hope your gestational diabetes doesn't get worse toward the end. Good luck with the name thing. Sorry, no suggestions for ya.

J. Didier said...

Andrew Nicholas Tripp - ANT sounds good.

I like Wolf Lucas Tripp has a nice ring.

Junior is always nice, too - that would be Little Daryl or Daryly.

Need any more help?
Love,
Junior's Grandmomma

Anonymous said...

I am not going to guess a name. I don't want you to have the satisfaction of thinking that I want to know what the name is...because I don't. Moreover, when and if Alexis and I have kids, or acquire more dogs, we are not going to tell you and Daryl the name...ever.

I am still interested in the "winner of the Tech vs a&m game gets naming rights" proposistion I mentioned to y'all earlier. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Those black and white pictures came out funny. Did y'all drop your camera?

Teresa said...

Yay, baby boy!!! Good luck battling the 'betes...

Sadie J said...

Chad would also like to contribute to the Noel/Nicholas/Christmas-themed middle name selection by suggesting the following name...

______ Rudolph Tripp

The first name won't matter, because you can call him Rudy.