April 28, 2009

Tom Sawyer?

We had several families over for dinner Sunday evening. We are so blessed that many of our close friends also have 3 year old girls (and infant boys, for that matter), and Brynna was very excited that her friends were coming over. Just before people started arriving, Brynna said maybe her friends could help her clean up her room. She seemed pretty excited about the idea. I tried not to laugh, but asked if she thought her friends would really want to clean her room. Apparently she did. As each of her friends arrived, she greeted them excitedly and led them back to her room telling them they were going to clean her room.

Towards the end of the night I went back to her room and noticed that it was indeed cleaner than it had been at the beginning of the evening. I asked her if she and her friends had really cleaned up her room. She said, "Yes! My friends cleaned my room, and I watched!"

2 comments:

Marti said...

That is so funny. Huck Suzy... hmmm not so catchy. ;)

cheryl said...

That's a good one.