April 20, 2009

Not Crawling - Sweet Sister

Lane isn't quite crawling yet, but he's trying so hard! He can get up on all fours, but then he can't get his hands moving. He'll rock so hard that he flops onto his face. Poor kid gets so frustrated. :(

Since I was pregnant with Lane, I have pretended to "speak" for Lane to Brynna. Brynna loves it and will talk to him endlessly. Last week "Lane" was telling Brynna how frustrated he is that he can't crawl yet. Here's how the conversation went:

L: "Sisi, I'm so sad that I can't crawl yet."

B: "Oh! It's ok Lane. Don't be sad. You can do it!"

L: "No I can't! Sisi, all the other babies can crawl, but I can't!"
At this point, Brynna looked up at me with alarm and concern on her face and asked, "Mommy, can all the other babies crawl?"

I told her no, not all the other babies could crawl yet, and that Lane's friend Ethan couldn't crawl yet either.

Without missing a beat, she looked back at her brother, and with the most caring and encouraging note in her voice said, "It's okay Laney. Baby Ethan can't crawl yet either."

I don't think I'm going to tell either one of them when Ethan does start crawling!




3 comments:

Coffman Family said...

Oh no!! It has happened! Ethan has been army crawling for two weeks now! He does the same thing Lane does when he gets on his knees, so I guess he figured a way around the frustration.

You're house looks great by the way!

cheryl said...

So cute!
What a doll that little guy is. Oh my goodness. I love the crawling stance w/ the sweet fuzzy hair! And who could resist those dimples?!? :o)

Cheng family said...

I think little Lane looks like he's going to just stand up and start walking! Those 2 pictures are adorable.