One of my favorite family traditions from childhood was emptying stockings on Christmas morning with my brother. Stockings were always first on the to-do list once we pulled Mom and Dad out of bed. When I was growing up, Santa always left the stockings generally where we left them the night before. I recently heard an older mom say that her kids always emptied stocking on her and her husband's bed before going into the living room. I thought that sounded sweet and cozy, so Santa left Brynna and Lane's stockings outside their bedroom doors. I liked the intimacy of all four of us huddled together on the bed sharing the first moments of Christmas morning together. My parents never had stockings of their own that I remember, but Daryl and I left ours out, and Santa went ahead and filled ours too.
Here are a few of my favorite stocking photos from the morning.
Brynna decided on her own to empty Lane's stocking for him first.
She showed him and told him about each item St. Nick left.
The most exciting moment of the whole morning was when Brynna first peaked inside her own stocking and saw.... CANDY!!! I wish we had a video. She looked inside and said, "Oh! Oh! Oh! CANDY!!!!"
She was pretty excited about the other things in the stocking too.

1 comment:
Look at all that HAIR!!! How sweet! It's such a great idea about the stockings. Looks like ya'll had a blast!
Post a Comment