December 9, 2008

Sling Baby

We did a good amount of walking and sight seeing while Steven and Jessie were in town Thanksgiving week, and my baby sling got a good work out. Jessie was excited and interested in the sling, so I showed her how to use it.



I never thought of myself as a sling kind of mommy. They've always seemed a bit on the New Age-y side. But it turns out that they are really convenient, and they're more comfortable than a Baby Bjorn or Snuggli front pack. Plus Lane seems to like being packed around in it.


I have to say I was ever so slightly hurt that Lane seemed just as happy snuggled up against his auntie as his mommy. Oh well.

I had to throw this one in again while I am talking about slings. I think she's using mine in this picture, but my friend Cami made a little girl sized sling for Brynna with the same fabric a while back. Marti made the original, and she showed Cami how to make the kid sized one. I've told Marti that I don't plan to ever learn to really sew; I just plan to be friends with her forever. :)

2 comments:

Marti said...

I'm so glad you are getting good use out of the sling! Since I can sew, does that mean we will be BFF? Like, Awesome! ;)

Jessie said...

I want to be friends with Marti now too!! The sling was so nice and comfy, and I have to admit it was nice having Lane snuggled up to me.
-Jessie