September 10, 2009

My Favorite Birthday Present

Last Wednesday was my 32nd birthday. Thirty-two isn't a real exciting milestone, but I had a great day. Daryl took the whole day off, and we had a great time hanging out with each other and with the kids. We were taking care of Suzy and Andy, so that made it extra fun for the kiddos. Daryl took me out for a fabulous dinner Hyde Park Bar & Grill downtown and then dessert at Chez Zee. YUM! And the company was fabulous!
My favorite gift was a set of frames I've been wanting to display some of Brynna's art. We loaded all the kids up and went to Michael's that morning so I could pick them out myself. Daryl even hung them up for me! What do you think?
The poster on bottom is our weekly calendar. I use pictures and Velcro to help Brynna know what's coming up each week.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

LOVE the frame idea. Plan on incorporating that one of these days (as in the days when Kate produces art on purpose).

Good work w/the schedule...I would never have guessed that you were a middle school teacher by your excellent use of Velcro and lamination! :)

Carters said...

I like them. Did Brynna actually write her own name and draw the flower? I have been wanting to do the same thing but not sure I have an okay enough picture to frame yet...

Jessie said...

love it. Some of the best art I have ever seen.