February 6, 2008

Heartbeat

We had an OB appointment today and got to hear our newest little one's heartbeat. It was strong and healthy at 160 BPM. I haven't had any complications, but as the first trimester comes to an end, it was a relief to know our little one is doing fine. As of today I am 12 weeks and 3 days along. The first trimester really isn't over until week 14, but I think some of my energy is beginning to return. I won't say that too loudly though, because then I might have to get serious about cleaning our house.

Brynna seems to kind of get the whole baby thing, it's difficult to tell though. Sometimes for no reason and without prompting she'll say something to the baby. She'll look right at my tummy and pat the baby or say something sweet. The other day out of the blue she said, "dat my siser in der." We hadn't really said anything like that to her before, so it was really a surprise and a treat. She talks a lot about the baby being a sister, but it seems that when we try to get her to say something in front of someone else, she says it's her brother. Oh well.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

That's adorable about Brynna! I can just hear her little voice!
So glad that all is going well so far. Continuing to pray for y'all!

Meredith said...

I'm with Brynna and my money is totally on "girl" for this one too. That's a girl heartbeat (old wives tale, I know but accurate for my two:)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Brynna speaks in ebonicks yo.