January 30, 2008

Two Years Old

So Brynna turned two years old this month. So far I'd say she hasn't been terrible, just extremely talkative. My goodness the girl talks! By the end of the day some days, my ears are just plain worn out. It's a good thing she has such a precious little voice. :)

We took her in for her 2yr well check about two weeks ago. Here are her current stats:
Height: 34 1/2 inches tall 50th percentile
Weight: 26 lbs 14 oz; 50th-75th percentile
Head: 49 3/4 cm; 90-95th percentile
The doctor also mentioned that she talks more than some of his four-year-olds. Not news to us.

Right now she loves "reading" her books and being read to. It's not uncommon for every book she owns to finds their way from the shelf to the floor in one afternoon. After her nap yesterday, she said she wanted to read her books. Mommy needed a snack (a very frequent need these days), so I left her upstairs in front of her bookshelf. After a few minutes I called up to her. Her little voice floated back down the stairs, "I still reading!" I quietly crept back up to her room and peaked in at her. She was still knelt at her bookshelf paging through a stack of books.

Some of her other favorite things right now are playing with Rocky, her daddy, and watching videos of herself on this blog. She likes playing outside with her ride-on toys, but it's been pretty chilly lately, so we've been inside a lot. She also loves being around lots of people, big people or little people. Daryl and I both consider ourselves fairly introverted, go figure.

She's still a great sleeper. We put her down at night between 6:30 and 7:00, and she wakes up around 7:30 every morning. 7:30 seems to be hard wired, because even when she has a late night, she's still up and ready for the day at 7:30. Once in a while she does let Mommy and Daddy sleep until 8:00, but never on Saturdays. She naps from about 12:40 to 2:30 everyday... So does Mommy when I'm lucky.

Her hair is pretty much light brown, though some people have said she looks blond. I think in the summer time her hair may lighten up quite a bit. Her hair is also very fine and thin. Both Daryl's and my hair is thick with a lot of body. Her grandmamma may have to teach her how to do her hair, because I certainly don't know! She definitely has her Daddy's eyes. They're a kind of brownish-green... hazel, maybe... but does anyone really know what hazel is? It's hard to see her eye color at all unless she's looking at you in a bright natural light. In any other light, they just look dark. Daryl's are the same way. Regardless, she doesn't have her Mommy's (or Grandpapa's) dark brown eyes.

We love her so very much, and we thank and praise God for His blessing through her.

No comments: