Here are Daryl's parents checking out their new calendar.
Here are my parents checking theirs out. (The quality on this one isn't as good because the original file was too big, and I had to compact it. It only took me two hours to figure that out, and Daryl isn't even home!)
Two very different reactions, euphoria and shock. But actually, the euphoria and shock were less about the calendar and more about our new baby that's due on August 19(ish).
Woo hoo! That's right, I think most of you have already heard, but in case you hadn't this is our final official announcement. Brynna is going to be a big sister!
Here are the answers to a few common questions:
-Our due date is really anywhere from August 16th to the 19th. I think the doctor's folder says August 17th.
-Brynna will be just over two and half when the baby comes.
-Since last time it was mostly my decision not to find out whether we were having a boy or girl, Daryl gets to decide this time. He has already decided that we will go ahead and find out (this from the guy who won't let me shake the presents under the Christmas tree!), but he cautions that we might not tell anyone once we know. Ooo, that's mean, isn't it?
-I think it's a boy
-Brynna thinks it's a "little girl baby," even though she likes little boy babies too.
-I am feeling pretty good compared to this time with Brynna, but that's not saying much. I haven't been throwing up at all. With Brynna I was throwing up at least once a night most nights of the week by this time. I do get really tired, and my stomach gets pretty queasy sometimes. I also seem to get, um well, let's say cranky. Our small group can testify to that. :) My friend Marti says that the crankiness is testosterone hmmm...
-If Daryl is still with the same company, we have no plans to to move into a bigger house. We like our little place and want to avoid building a bigger barn if we can (Luke 12:13-21). If he changes jobs, and that's a possibility, then we'd obviously have to move. However with the insurance issues involved in changing jobs, and friends and family here in Austin and Texas, I wouldn't be upset if things stayed the same at least until after the baby arrives.



5 comments:
Congratulations! We're very excited for you. Keep us updated with how you're doing.
Woo-hoo!! Way to go, Darryl and Diana! I'm happy for y'all! Congratulations!
SOOOO fun!!! We're so excited for you guys! Many Congrats!
OK, that's enough about Jessie being pregnant!!=) My heart dropped into my stomach when I heard that. And for our official announcement I am NOT pregnant. We plan on just enjoying yours. Congratulations on your new little baby we can't wait to meet him/her.
You are so funny posting your parents' reactions! Congratulations to you! How great!
Post a Comment