May 14, 2009

Lane at 9 Months

Really?? Nine months??!! He'll be a YEAR old at his next well check! Who is allowing this child to grow up?

He is officially a crawler now. The other day he crawled from the living room to the breakfast room and cleaned up all the old puffs he'd dropped on the floor under the table. He tries to follow his sister and me around during the day, but he's not quite fast enough for that.

He's also trying to pull up on everything. Yesterday he fell and hit his head no less than 3 times. Poor little guy. Brynna was never very interested in pulling up; part of why she was so late walking, I'm sure. It'll be interesting to see how quickly Lanes starts walking.

We took him in for his 9 month well check yesterday. The whole family went because I knew they planned to draw blood. Daryl agreed to be there as reinforcements. So here are his current stats:

Head: 45 cm -- 50th%
Length: 28 1/2" -- 50th to 75th%
Weight: 20# 6oz -- 50th%

I don't think we'll hear anything about the blood draw unless they find something amiss.
Head and length are still about where they were at 6 months percentile wise. His weight has dropped a little, and has with each well check. I think overall that's a good thing. He's slowly loosing the extra weight he got from me and the gestational diabetes.

4 comments:

B-ri said...

Oh, I feel your pain, it is too fast! Too fast I tell you!

The Kac's said...

Way to go, Lane, on crawling!
Parker goes in next week for his 1 year check up. I'm just hoping he re-enters the growth chart after being way above it for pretty much his entire life.

cheryl said...

I live in constant denial of how fast my kids grow up! :o( There are those occasional moments when you wish they were older, but man time just flies!

Marion said...

It's amazing how fast the first year flies by!!! I can't believe Caleb is going to be a year in less than 1 1/2 months!!