Every morning Brynna wakes up with this in her hair.
She has very soft thin hair, and every night it works itself into a huge rat's nest. A few months ago I bought her a couple of satin pillow cases because I'd read in a magazine that satin pillow cases can cut down on hair tangles. Her tangles may be just slightly better since the pillow cases, but as you can see they did not really solve the problem. So this is our task every morning, to tame the tangle monster. I did pick some detangler spray from a hair place, and that seems to work pretty well, but it's still a bit of a battle every morning. Poor little girl.
November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
2 posts in one morning? Does that mean you are well rested or delirious?
i have read that if you do not put a pillow case on the pillow there is not friction between the pillow and the pillow case and so that hair is not in the middle of that battle. Wow two postings in one day you are starting to look like me. Hopefully this means that you are getting some sleep.
I had a satin pillow when I was young, but I don't remember having any rat's nests. I also remember having my hair braided before I went to bed as a little girl, so I'm wondering if that would help out for Brynna? Would she sit still long enough to do a loose french braid? Do you french braid?
I need to come visit you guys :).
when i worked as a summer camp counselor i had a camper whose hair was really, really ratty in the morning. the following nights i put her hair in a braid before sleeping and it helped. however, i've also heard that leaving your hair in a ponytail (or maybe a braid) while sleeping can cause the hairs to break. poor brynna.
Post a Comment