I haven't been posting much lately, mostly because I'm very pregnant and have zero energy.
But here's a quick update on the little one.
At our ultrasound last week, they estimated that Little Boy weighed about 7#7oz, and that he'll be between 9 and 9.5# when he's born. That would put him over the 97th percentile. In other words I get to carry a full size newborn for the whole last month of pregnancy.
This week I just saw my regular OB. She said, judging from my belly, he was 7#7oz just this week and estimated that he'll be around 8.5# when he's born. Incidentally, if she's correct, he'll weigh 8#8oz when he's born 8-8-08.
So the ultrasound doc has fancy equipment, but the OB looks at pregnant bellies and delivers babies every day. What do you think? Leave a comment with your guess. The closest guess will receive a fabulous prize, or maybe just bragging rights. While you're at it you could guess his length. Brynna was 8#10oz and 21 inches long. He'll be born one day later than she was.
I do have a few new ultrasound pics, but our scanner isn't currently hooked up. If you'd like to see them, e-mail Daryl and ask him to connect the scanner. (I could probably figure it out, but seriously I'm so tired it's all I can do to type this out.)
July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
8#8oz on 8-8-08. How crazy would that be?!?! I'd like him to be born sooner (for your sake) - maybe 8#1oz on 8-1-08?
I'll guess 8lbs 15oz and 21 inches long. -Emily
Hmmm...I agree w/ Mel! ;o) Hopefully sooner. I'll go w/ 8-2-08 and 8lbs/12oz, 20.5in long.
After just having a baby...no body really knows how big they will be. My OB thought 6 1/2lbs less than 12 hours before he was born and the ultra sound person told me 5 1/2 lbs two weeks before he was born. And we ended up with a 5lb 12oz baby so I've decided nobody really knows.
I hope for your sake he's smaller than they are thinking :)
Marion
Given his current nickname, I can't see him being a mere 8 lbs. I'm going to go with 9 lbs. 2 oz.
i am going to say 7lbs 13oz just because there is no way to tell for sure how big he will be. 19 inches long. But really who cares just come out healthy and soon.
I have no idea...I'll go with 8#11oz
born on 8-5-08.
That's a Tuesday, which is supposedly the most productive day of the week and I'd say giving birth cold be the most productive thing one could do!
My OB was right on with Camden so I think he will be 8#8 on 8-8-08. I hope for your sake he will be much smaller.
-Jessie
Post a Comment