We had a super Thanksgiving this year. My parents, brother, and his wife came to celebrate as well as Daryl's cousin, Christina and her family. We had eleven people total at dinner, and I think everyone had a happy fun time. I loved that we got to mix Daryl's extended family with mine. I think that makes for such a rich family experience for our kiddos.
The "grown up" table.
The "kid" table. Brynna and Lane loved having cousins around.
You get a little peak at our new counter tops here. Mom and Brett are sitting on our new bar stools. My Dad put them together for us, and I think they are just perfect for our little kitchen bar.
Some post dinner relaxing.
Brynna and Uncle Brett hanging out.
Lane and Auntie Alexis playing Jenga.
I think this is a great shot of Brett and Alexis.
After dinner we set the kids up with this ginger bread house kit. It turned out to be a great project, since it was too cold to play outside and by early evening the kids were getting a little restless. I picked up this idea from Jessie (my sister-in-law) last year. I can see it becoming a Thanksgiving tradition.
They did a great job, and they all worked so well together. It took Lane a little while to figure out why he wasn't supposed to eat the candy. Once he got the idea, he kept proudly saying, "I no eating the candy!" as he placed his pieces on the house.
The finished masterpiece.
The day before Thanksgiving it was 87 degrees outside. By Thanksgiving night, it was in the 30's. This is Daryl lighting our very first fire in the fire place. Not sure why we didn't have one last year, but I can see a few more this year for sure.
Isaac and Lane playing legos. So fun to have cousins around!
Lane looking at pictures with Cousin Christina.
And to wrap up the evening, Daryl and I got the kids ready for bed in their new Christmas jammies! A fun way to usher in the Christmas season.
It was truly a blessed Thanksgiving.



No comments:
Post a Comment