Last weekend, we drove out to Burnet for A Day Out with Thomas. Thomas is the main character in a children's show about a bunch of trains. Trains are on top of Lane's cool stuff list right now, so when we heard the "real" Thomas was coming, we decided to go check him out.
He really wanted to turn around to look at Thomas, so Brynna decided a headlock would be the best approach to complete the photo shoot.
Lane's first Thomas sighting.
All aboard! Lane seemed to understand that Thomas was pulling us on the train. As I was trying to explain it to him, he said, "Thomas driving?" I hadn't thought of it like that. Such a smart little boy.
Brynna had a good time too and really seemed to "get" that it was Lane's special day.
And a good day it was.
We don't usually let him take his Blue Bear everywhere, but he had been negotiating to bring it all week. So when we told him it was time to load and go see Thomas, he said, "I bring Bear?" He carried it the whole time, never expected Mommy to carry it, and never absentmindedly set it down to be left somewhere. I was impressed. Let's just say his Sissy could never have accomplished that.



No comments:
Post a Comment