December 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I know, I know! You've probably already moved past Thanksgiving, being as it December 25th. I'm behind. Maybe I'll catch up, maybe I won't.

Our Thanksgiving turned out a little differently than we'd envisioned. We met my parents in Fort Worth at my Aunt and Uncle's house on Wednesday night. We all stayed up late visiting and watching TV. Around 1:00 am my dad's phone rang. It was my parent's neighbor who watches their dog when they go out of town. Casey was sick and disoriented. He wouldn't eat or even lay down. The neighbors had called to let my parents know what was going on, so that in case the worst happened, they wouldn't be caught completely by surprise. My mom and dad decided to head back to Friendswood first thing Thanksgiving morning, not wanting the neighbors to have to worry and tend to their sick pup.

That left our little Tripp family with the little Taeschner family (my aunt, uncle, and cousins). We had a nice turkey dinner, but the table felt strange without Mom and Dad there. I'm not sure why, but we didn't get any pictures in Fort Worth.

These four shots are of our Thanksgiving Turkey. We sent feathers to a few friends and family and asked them to write something they are thankful for on the feathers and mail them back to us. Brynna was very excited about the project and delighted in our bald turkey for a few days before the feathers began returning. When the first envelope arrived in the mail, she skipped down the sidewalk all the way back to the house chanting, "Fedders! Fedders!" As the feathers began rolling in, Lane would even get excited about them.
Usually I try not to post multiple pictures of the same thing, but I just couldn't choose between these four. I hope you enjoy them.

Could they look anymore angelic?

Here's Lane pointing out the decorations Aunt Susan added to her feathers.

Here's Lane doing his gangsta impression, "What up my turkeys!"

And that's a wrap!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: